Pages

Sunday 29 March 2020

A new start.

Hey Folks.....

Yes, it has been a long time since I did any hobby blogging, I could roll off a big list of reasons why - let's just say - real life can get really busy.

Loads of stuff has been happening in the GW world since my last post, they seem to be smashing it out of the park in terms of releases at the moment. I have a ton of different projects on the go (as usual) simply because of the amazing models and releases GW are putting out at the moment.

One of the best games they have released in a while has kept me pretty busy - Warcry. What an absolute cracker of a game. With Warcry I think GW hit the sweet spot, it's simple to learn the rules but it really does have hidden depth in terms of how you play the game and that comes from some really clever game mechanics. Its also a skirmish game so, like me, if you have tendency to switch between a lot of army projects this allows you to build up several different Warbands as the model count is pretty low. As I have loads of half finished armies lying around it really offered me an opportunity to utilise some of those models that never ended up being a complete 2KAoS army.

There are tons of options when it comes to Warbands, there are the new Warcry specific Warbands but also Warbands for pretty much every AoS army. We are running a campaign at the club at the moment and I am using Disciples of Tzeentch. I picked them because I am in the process of building a Tzeentch AoS army so this gave me the opportunity to use some of the models I had already finished but I also really like the way they play.

After playing lots when I picked the game up I found that winning is all about the scenario. Beating everything to death doesn't always help although there are certain scenarios where it does. Also the game length varies from 3 to 4 turns so you need to get things done quickly. The Disciples Warband is not tough, they die to a stiff breeze but what they do have is some decent ranged attacks, some speed and a couple of models that hit hard. So the key to winning is to utilise each of these in the right place at the right time.

Your basic Acolyte has some decent ranged attacks, they don't do massive damage but if you can club together two or three of them you can take out a few of the opposition models or do some decent damage to the tougher models so that when they get to me my own damage dealers can finish them off, that is the Tzaangors job. I also have a couple of guys on Discs, these guys are quick and they also hit hard but they cost a lot of points so they need to be used wisely, these go after the objectives.

What I have found is if my opponent targets the Disc riders, my shooting really does damage, if they go after the shooters the Discs can grab the objectives unmolested and then help with tidying up, they are a Warband with a lot of options.

I have a few territories at the moment so am able to use 1200pts to pick my Warband, this is my favourite build presently.


  • Acolyte Leader. 
  • Acolyte with Scroll. 
  • 2*Acolyte with Shield.
  • 2*Tzaangor Mutants. 
  • Tzaangor with 2 Handed Weapon. 
  • 2*Tzaangor Enlightened on Disc. 
The Acolyte with Scroll is one of my favourite models. He costs a few points but is very flimsy but he has a boosted shooting attack, more shots with a higher strength and he really gets some work done. 


Until next time....... 




No comments:

Post a Comment