Pages

Sunday 22 November 2015

30K Death Guard Update

Hey Folks

So a while back in September I posted about starting a 30K Death Guard army, I put the project on pause a bit because of all the rumours of plastic 30K models. The first units that I painted were Typhon and a unit of Deathshroud Terminators. I purchased a Sicaran Venator at the same time as the Terminators and that was the next thing that I painted up. I wasn't looking forward to assembling this fella, Forge World stuff can be tricky to assemble some times but this actually went together pretty well. It is heavy though which made painting it a bit more awkward than I anticipated. It is a really nice kit and looks great once painted up. I am pretty pleased with the results.


So it turns out the rumours were true and the Betrayal At Calth boxed set has dropped. This thing is amazing and for me came just at the right time. My next purchase was going to be my troop choices and this box comes with 30 Tactical Marines with a whole bunch of weapon options. I need to work it out but I want to build them so I can use them in 30K and 40K. I am seriously considering buying another box though because then I get the option of building Devastator squads etc. The box also comes with Terminators which won't go into the 30K army but I suspect will get some use in 40K. The first model I painted up from the box was the Contemptor Dreadnaught. The pose is a little static but with a bit of posing on rocks and a decent paint job it looks ok.


So next up are the troop choices. I have assembled the first five Tactical marines and will paint them up first to get the paint scheme down. 

Until next time...... 
















No comments:

Post a Comment