Sunday, 7 April 2013

It's not easy being green.

Hey Folks...

So my Daemon exploits continue, with the release of the Daemon codex and preparing for the game we are running at Salute this year, painting Daemons has been a bit of a theme for me over the last couple of weeks.

For my own army I am going to try an all Nurgle force, I think it should do ok although I am a bit concerned at the lack of shooting, to cover this I am thinking about trying to get some Chaos Marine allies in there to add a bit of shooting, namely some Plague Marines. Initially I am going pure Daemon and then I will see how it goes. For the Salute game we also need some Plaguebearers and a couple of Heralds so I have finished painting them up, so thats the Salute game covered plus the bulk of my own force.

For the Salute game the only thing I have left to paint is the Dreadknight for the Grey Knights, he is pretty much done, I just need to finish a couple of details.

Herald and squad of Plaguebearers
This is a shot of the new plastic Herald with his unit, the new Herald is an awesome model, I put him on a bigger base and added some spare Nurglings to make him stand out from the normal Plaguebearers although its sheer size is enough to do that.
Herald of Nurgle


With the new Daemon release we got Nurgle Plague Drones. I bought a box of these on release day with the intention of having a big unit in the army, even though I had models to paint for Salute I couldn't help but paint one of these guys up to see what they looked like. I wasn't sold on these when I first saw the pictures but now I have put one together and painted it I am liking it. It's a really nice size, not too big but big enough to look intimidating on the table, a unit of these swooping across the board should hopefully give my opponent something to worry about whilst the rest of the army turn up. 

Nurgle Plague Drone

As I mentioned earlier I am thinking about adding in some Plague Marine allies to help out on the shooting front so I tried out a test model. I used the same technique as I did with the Daemons basically washes over a White Undercoat. I added a more green tint to separate them out from the Daemons. 

Nurgle Plague Marine

And finally, Slaanesh Daemons actually look pretty tasty in this edition. I had some Daemonettes lying around from the last release so I thought I would try out the same technique on them as I had with the Nurgle stuff. So I undercoated the model White but this time I actually painted the armour Silver and the claws a darker Blue. I then washed the whole model with a couple of different Blue/Purple washes. I really liked the affect this has as even though there are painted colours the application of washes over everything ties in the colour and adds a natural shading to the painted areas. This technique works well on Nurgle stuff as the models are all skin and I wasn't sure if the same technique would work on models with armour and bits that are different colours but I think it works pretty well. I will be interested to see how it works on something like Seekers. So I have added Slaanesh onto the possible additions to my army once the Nurgle stuff is done.


So thats it for this post, hoping to get some Khador stuff painted soon I suspect Daemons are going to take up a lot of my time over the next few weeks. 

Until next time...





No comments:

Post a Comment